Sweet & Spicy Pickles
A deliciously sweet and spicy-hot pickles - perfect as addition to any burger, sandwich or even as a healthy snack! They truly are addictive!
Write a review
Basic Pickling Blend - Equal parts of
- Yellow Mustard Seed
- Allspice, Bay Leaves
- Dill Weed
- Star anise
3 tsp of the above Plus
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP Henzelium
- Vinegar (either distilled or apple cider)
- Sliced Pickles - approx. 4-5
- Use 3 tsp of the pickling mixture plus the 1 tsp salt, 1 tblsp sugar, 1 tblsp Henzelium per quart you are making, fill bottle with cut pickles and equal parts water and vinegar. Seal the container and
- Place in refrigerator for 3-5 days, shaking the bottle daily to insure all the ingredients get distributed.
- You may wish to dissolve the sugar and salt in a little bit of water prior to filling the pickle jar. Also, toasting the spices in the basic pickling blend prior to adding them into jar will bring out some extra flavors that are truly delicious.
Spicy Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Onions
Write a review
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (Add approx. 15 min to cooking time if bone-in)
- 5 Small Russet (or Red) potatoes, washed, skin-on, halved
- 1 Large Vidallia (sweet) Onion - halved & sliced into medium slices
- 4 TBSP (1/2 Stick) Butter, cut into 1/2 TBSP slices
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
The following to taste
- 2 TBSP Lime or Lemon Juice
- 1 TBSP Henzelium (This will bring the dish to heat level 4 of 10 - adjust accordingly)
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash table blend
- 1/2 tsp Parsely flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix Henzelium, Garlic Salt and Mrs. Dash together with a wisk.
- Take the Chicken Breasts and dust each of the sides with Kosher Salt and Pepper.
- Take a medium-sized baking dish and spray with your favorite non-stick cooking spray.
- Place each Chicken Breast on opposite sides of the Baking Dish.
- Place the sliced potatoes in the center of the dish.
- Sprinkle the onions over the top of everything.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over the contents.
- Evenly distribute the Butter over the top.
- Evenly distribute the Parsely over the top.
- Spinkle the Lime Juice on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for approximately 45 min (until finished - when the internal temperature of the Chicken Breasts reaches 175 degrees). Cooking times will vary depending upon the size of the Chicken Breasts.